Are you having trouble writing your college book report? Well, you are not alone. This is probably because of the initial lack of practice and guidance, and consequently lack of skills that are vital at the academic level you are currently in. Now there might be little or no chance for your college instructor or professor to guide you in writing a book report. In addition to this, many professors would assume that you are very familiar with the basic requirements and format of a book report. If it is so, the expectations of you are becoming higher. Your professor is not only expecting a well-formatted paper, but the paper that is substantial, informative and clever. Do not worry, many college students are experiencing difficulties in creating a well written report. Your luck has come as ThesisEditor.co.uk is here to assist you. We are the most trusted name when academic writing is concerned. Our expertise in creating custom written materials is not limited to writing comprehensive college book reports. In fact, we are capable of creating term papers, admission essays, dissertations, articles, application letters and more! Whatever academic requirement you may have, consult our professional writers and we can surely assist you in more ways than one.
If you are attempting to write a good book report, then read through the step by step instructions we have listed below. These guidelines from ThesisEditor.co.uk can help you identify the key and important steps that you must take when writing any level academic book report paper.
- Read the book thoroughly. Do not even attempt to read a synopsis of the story. A synopsis or summary is not sufficient as it will only provide you with few important points.
- While reading the book, take note of the important things that you think must be included in your report. If there are things that would require further explanation and you do not have enough knowledge on them, conduct research.
- Begin writing your book report by using an interesting lead. The use of an interesting introduction is important so that your target readers will not disregard your work. Some of the usual lead and introduction that students use are quotes lifted from the books, interesting facts or even questions.
- All books are written by their authors with a purpose in mind. The unifying theme of a book is what makes it a comprehensive material. Create a paragraph that demonstrates the theme of the book you will write about. A theme usually outlines the problems or concerns that the author would like to address.
- Write the synopsis of the book. If you are writing a report for a fiction book, mention only the important parts of the plot. If your subject is non-fiction, identify the main points of the author.
- Provide your personal opinion on the book. Since you are writing an academic paper, make sure that all your ideas are valid. If possible, use references to substantiate your claims. This will make a more effective and persuasive college book report.
- Do not confine yourself with the contents of the book. As earlier mentioned, it is recommended that the main points of the book are connected with the topics discussed in your course. If there are current events that are relevant to the book, do not hesitate to establish a link as well.
- Always remember to write a conclusion. This section is created to reiterate the key points that you would want your readers to remember.