The little social media we knew back then is now growing in exceeding and staggering magnitude ever since it inception. Some watched it from the onset without following it little but gigantic trends, while others followed it religiously, and presently, their businesses are doing exceptionally well, all thanks to the insane growth that social media have driven their way.
Facebook that once had thousands of teenagers last year, now literally connects one in every two people on the entire internet of nearly 3 billion people.
The same can be said about Twitter that’s now getting over 288 million active visitors monthly, and Google+, which is clearly getting more traffic than twitter these days.
These are some of the highlights that I grasped from the infographics below for those who don’t have time to go through the main infographic –
- 60% of Twitter users access it from their mobile
- More than 16 billion photos have been uploaded to Instagram
- There are over 343 million active users on Google+
- The +1 button is served 5 billion times per day
- Twitter’s fastest growing demographic is 55-64 year olds
- Food is the top category discussed on Pinterest at 57%
- There are over 10 million Facebook “apps”
- 67% of Google+ users are male
- There are over 3 million LinkedIn company pages
- There are over 1 billion unique monthly visitors on YouTube
Below is the actual infographics for 2017 Social Media Growth –